Hayarite is a 2D sprite engine designed to draw several million sprites per second with a simple API.
- Supports all modern graphics APIs.
- Can draw tens of million dynamic sprites per second.
- User configurable texture cache.
- Dynamic and asynchronous reloading of sprite textures.
- Coverage, Color, SDF and MSDF sprites are supported.
Hayarite is written in Rust and uses all modern graphics API (DX12, Metal, Vulkan) to draw as many sprites as possible at once.
A ‘bindless’ design was chosen, where all sprites can be drawn in one draw call if needed. It doesn’t matter if a texture atlas is used or the sprites use multiple textures.